If you are somebody who prefers a cleanshaven look over the fully-grown beard, then we reckon that shaving takes probably the most period of time throughout your morning grooming routine.
But for a course of that takes so lengthy, it is at all times annoying to see purple marks over your face within the aftermath.
If you wish to keep away from aftershave rashes and ingrown hair, you want just a few tweaks in your grooming routine.
But What Are Ingrown Hair?
Ingrown hair can pop-up anyplace in your physique however are prevalent in areas the place you shave often.
An ingrown hair is outlined by a hair follicle that grows into the pores and skin as an alternative of upwards. It happens if you shave, which may irritate the pores and skin.
Why Do We Spot Ingrown Hair?
Ingrown hairs normally happen if you shave towards the course the hair grows in the direction of.
Other causes embody pores and skin susceptible to zits and irregular launch from the sebaceous glands. Whilst shaving, if the blade slices the hair at a unsuitable angle, it pokes via the pores and skin and grows backward.
How To Prevent Ingrown Hairs
1. Try an electrical shaver that has a foil cover over the blades. This retains the blades from chopping the hair erratically stopping ingrown hair.
2. Shave after a bathe to get an in depth shave sans ingrown hair. The sizzling water and the next steam will make your hair follicles softer and simpler to chop.
3. Wash your face and use a scrub weekly which helps repair the present ingrown hair and helps even out the pores and skin.
4. Use an applicator foam or gel-based shaving complement. This product acts as a pores and skin barrier to assist shield towards sharp blades’ affect on the pores and skin.
Ingrown hairs are significantly prevalent within the neck area the place the uneven floor makes it tough to shave easily. An simple answer is to whip the shaving cream and making use of it in a round movement to carry the hair up.
5. Replace the blades often as quickly as you’re feeling they’re dropping their grip or begin to get previous. As a rule of thumb, change your blades each 5 to seven shaves.