Bay leaf, also called tej patta, is a herb that’s generally utilized in most Indian kitchens. These leaves are crammed with aroma, and infrequently used as a spicing agent to reinforce conventional meals. We all know the way they elevate the style of biryani, dal makhani, curries, pulao, soups, and many others. But do you know it’s also crammed with health benefits?
Bay leaves are an amazing supply of antioxidants, vitamin A, C, iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, and that’s precisely why it really works wonders for the gastrointestinal system. What’s extra, it really works as an antioxidant, antidiabetic, diuretic, and urge for food stimulant. And when you’re trying to build your tea stash, you may’t miss out on bay leaf tea. In reality, it tastes much better than inexperienced tea.
Here’s why it’s best to begin consuming bay leaf tea:
- A January 2009 research printed within the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition revealed that bay leaves enhance glucose and lipid profile with sort 2 diabetes. Therefore, bay leaf tea is very efficient in treating sort 2 diabetes and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Bay leaves are additionally recognized to enhance digestion by stimulating the gastrointestinal tract, and selling urination. It can be very efficient to forestall constipation.
- Bay leaf tea is nice for your coronary heart, it’s because of its highly effective mixture of potassium, antioxidants, and iron. These vitamins assist with cardiac rhythm in addition to reducing blood stress.
- Because bay leaf tea is a supply of vitamin C, it’s additionally nice for the immune system and has antibacterial properties, which preserve an infection at bay.
- Bay leaves additionally embrace the goodness of cinnamon that reinforces metabolism and helps in weight reduction.
- The magical leaves may also decrease your stress ranges.
- Because of its medicinal properties, bay leaf tea can be utilized by some to deal with most cancers.
- Moreover, its anti-inflammatory properties defend your physique from irritation.
Also, Read: Here are 7 science-backed the reason why lemongrass tea should be a component of your weight loss plan
Here’s a straightforward recipe for bay leaf tea:
Ingredients you’ll want:
3 bay leaves
A pinch of cinnamon powder
2 cups of water
Lemon and honey (non-compulsory)
Step 1: Wash the leaves and in a saucepan, deliver water to boil.
Step 2: Add bay leaves and cinnamon powder, and let it boil for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Turn off the warmth and pressure the tea in a cup. Now, add any desired sweetener (honey) or lemon juice, as per your style.
That’s it! Now, sit again and sip on this refreshing tea each morning to present a wholesome begin to your day.