Chia seeds are the embodiment of ‘size does not matter’ because they can really provide your health with what it needs! After gaining considerable fame in the fitness world, chia seed is increasingly recognized for its nutritional value.
They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium, and magnesium.
No wonder chia seed has many health benefits and incorporating it into your diet can prove to be very beneficial! The best way to do this is to make a detox drink using chia seeds. The other star ingredient of this detox drink should be lemon, which is another superfood known for its health benefits.
Here’s how lemon can detox you:
- Lemon is packed with antioxidants.
- It helps to promote hydration. Therefore, it is very good for detoxification.
- Lemon is a good source of vitamin C which helps in building strong immunity.
- Lemon helps in losing weight.
- It is also good for balancing the pH level.
Here is the recipe for a chia seed detox drink:
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Pour chia seeds into a bowl. Then add water to it.
- Now, add mint leaves, lemon juice and honey to the bow. Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Ensure that all ingredients are properly mixed. By the end of this process you should have a gel-like liquid.
Now, drink it!
Here are the benefits of chia seed detox water:
- Being high in fiber, it can boost your digestion and improve bowel movement.
- Chia can improve insulin sensitivity and blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds are rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a type of omega-3 fatty acid, essential for a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Chia seeds are rich in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Therefore, they are great for bone health.
- Fiber-rich detox drinks are associated with weight loss.