Public and personal banks will likely be closed on numerous days in addition to second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays in October, owing to festivals. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) pointers, banks remain closed on all public holidays however there are some holidays which might be regional, i.e. restricted to sure states solely. Regional holidays are determined by respective state governments.
The RBI divides financial institution holidays into three classes—these underneath the Negotiable Instruments Act, the Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks’ Closing of Accounts.
Here are the financial institution holidays in October 2021:
1. October 1- Half Yearly Closing of Bank Accounts (Gangtok)
2. October 2 – Gandhi Jayanti (All states)
3. October 3 – Sunday
4. October 6- Mahalaya (*21*) (Agartala, Bengaluru, Kolkata)
5. October 7 – Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi (Imphal)
6. October 9- 2nd Saturday
7. October 10 – Sunday
8. October 12- Durga Puja (Maha Saptami) / (Agartala, Kolkata)
9. October 13- Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami) / (Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi)
10. October 14 – Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayutha Pooja (Agartala, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram)
11. October 15- Durga Puja/Dasara/Dusshera (Vijaya Dashmi) will happen and all banks may have a holiday for that day besides the banks situated in Imphal and Shimla.
12. October 16- Durga Puja (Dasain) / (Gangtok)
13. October 17- Sunday
14. October 18- Kati Bihu (Guwahati)
15. October 19- Id-E-Milad/Eid-e-Miladunnabi/Milad-i-Sherif (Prophet Mohammad’s Birthday)/Baravafat / (Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram)
16. October 20- Maharishi Valmiki’s Birthday/Lakshmi Puja/Id-E-Milad (Agartala, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Shimla)
17. October 22- Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu, Srinagar)
18. October 23- 4th Saturday
19. October 24- Sunday
20. October 26- Accession Day (Jammu, Srinagar)
21. October 31- Sunday