The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered individuals large misery with 1000’s of deaths being reported worldwide. By now, you already know concerning the coronavirus and its pertinent that you know the way to care for your self.
Here is what the WHO recommends:
Wash your fingers continuously
Regularly and completely clear your fingers with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with cleaning soap and water.
Why? Washing your fingers with cleaning soap and water or utilizing alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that could be in your fingers.
Maintain social distancing
Maintain a minimum of 1 metre (3 ft) distance between your self and anybody who’s coughing or sneezing.
Why? When somebody coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nostril or mouth which can comprise the virus. If you might be too shut, you possibly can breathe within the droplets, together with the COVID-19 virus if the particular person coughing has the illness.
However, COVID-19 isn’t the primary pandemic to have affected our planet. Since 1918, we’ve had eight such pandemics.
- The Spanish Flu (1918-1919) took over 400 lakh lives and is believed to be the deadliest pandemic in historical past.
- Then there was the Asian Flu (1957-1958) that took round 11 lakh lives.
- The Hong Kong Flu (1968-1970) took round 10 lakh lives.
- SARS (2002-03) took round 770 lives.
- Swine Flu (2009-10) took round 20 lakh lives.
- Ebola (2014-16) took round 1 lakh lives.
- MERS (2015-Present) took over 1 Lakh lives.