The monsoon season is related to infections and ailments, primarily due to the change in climate, drop in humidity, waterlogging, mosquito breeding, and many others. Monsoon diseases normally current themselves as waterborne and airborne infections resulting in ailments reminiscent of diarrhoea, cholera, dengue, typhoid, and different respiratory infections.
In the pandemic, nonetheless, it could be troublesome to tell apart between Covid an infection and different monsoon diseases. Hence, it is very important not solely remember, however to additionally maintain your self protected and wholesome.
Dr Anita Mathew, infectious illness specialist at Fortis Hospital, Mulund says that when an individual is contaminated with monsoon ailments, they “unknowingly spray tiny droplets of bacteria and viruses that can be easily transmitted to others”.
“This bacterium enters a healthy body through the hands, mouth, or nose, in case they are standing close to an infected person. It takes around 16-48 hours for the bacterium to turn into asymptomatic infection. Thus, wearing face masks, maintaining hand hygiene, and social distancing are paramount, especially in these Covid times,” she says.
Here are some widespread monsoon ailments, their signs, and methods to know the difference between Covid and them.
1. Dengue: It presents itself as sudden, excessive fever, together with nausea and vomiting, extreme physique ache, low platelet rely, eye ache — usually behind the eyes — muscle, joint, or bone ache, and rashes.
2. Chikungunya: An individual experiences excessive fever and chills, together with extreme physique ache and fatigue, rashes, acute joint ache and ache in the stomach, again of the eyes, joints, or muscular tissues.
3. Malaria: If you have got malaria, you’ll have fever both every day, or each alternate day. You may even expertise extreme physique ache, chills, sweating and shivering, together with diarrhoea, psychological confusion, and a quick coronary heart rate.
4. A viral fever: Common throughout monsoon season, a daily viral fever is accompanied by fatigue, muscle and joint ache, weak point, chills, dizziness, sweating, dehydration, weak point and lack of urge for food.
5. Covid-19: And lastly, the relentless Covid an infection, which has a bunch of signs — fever, dry cough, rash on pores and skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes, aches and pains, issue in respiratory or shortness of breath, tiredness, conjunctivitis, headache, lack of style or odor, diarrhoea, sore throat, chest ache or strain, lack of speech or motion.
Dr Mathew says you may nonetheless take pleasure in the season in case you are only a bit cautious:
* Try to maintain your private home and environment mosquito-free.
* Use mosquito repellent and put on full-sleeved garments whereas stepping out.
* Avoid visiting crowded locations to scale back your danger of viral infections.
* Drink solely boiled water.
* Consume contemporary do-it-yourself meals.
* Make certain your private home is effectively ventilated.
* Wash fingers earlier than consuming any meals.
* Avoid touching your nostril and mouth together with your hand with out washing them.
“If you observe any changes in your body, especially the symptoms mentioned above, immediately consult a doctor. Don’t forget that any delay can cause undesired complications. Also, do not indulge in self-medication,” the physician warns.