As central and state governments allow a phased rest in the curves to get life up and running again after a two-month lockdown to prevent the spread of Kovid-19, we bring the latest updates from your city.
* According to the government dashboard in private hospitals in Chennai, 1,048 beds were free till Sunday. And only 97 beds were empty in their ICU. Beds are available on demand only in private medical college hospitals in the southern and western suburbs.
* There is no relief even in the neighboring districts of Chennai. Chengalpet topped the list with 135 cases, Thiruvallur 55, and Kanchipuram 16.
* After the release of Tamil Nadu’s Kovid-19 graph, Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Sunday appealed to the people for their cooperation to investigate the broadcast of the community.
* Kovid-19 infections showed no signs of abortion in Tamil Nadu, with 1,500 toppings a day for the first time on Sunday, bringing the number to 31,667.
* 18 deaths were recorded in Tamil Nadu including a pregnant woman, bringing the toll to 269.
* With 1,156 cases out of 1,515 new cases, Chennai continued to demand hospital beds. For the first time in days, the number of people undergoing treatment in Chennai, 10,982, was 10,954, more than the number of people who would recover on Sunday.
* Government hospitals in Chennai were crowded and patients had to be taken to private hospitals, which were also filling up.