Even though the country is going through a 21-day nationwide lockdown, to curb the novel coronovirus, it is almost impossible to curb the craving for good food. In fact, some claim that their craving for food has increased because they have a lot of free time these days.
Indians who are known to have sweet tooth eat jalebi without any occasion. But during these times, no one can get out of their homes because of COVID-19, here you can make jalebi at home.
A dish commonly available everywhere can be made from ingredients that are usually present at home. The items you need for the dish are all types of flour, hungry yogurt, ghee, sugar, saffron powder, green cardamom, cornflour, baking soda, sunflower oil, water, rose essence, and edible food coloring .
To begin, you have to prepare a batter, to do this, mix all purpose flour, cornflour and baking soda in a bowl.
After this, add some more orange food color to it. To make a thick solution, add a little curd and water to it.
– Batter must have consistency so that it mixes accordingly.
Allow the batter to boil overnight or set aside for 8-10 hours
In a pan on medium heat, add water to heat sugar syrup.
– Add sugar, mix until completely dissolved. Next boil it until it achieves a string consistency. Add some saffron, cardamom powder and rose essence and shake well.
– To fry jalebis, heat oil in a pan on medium heat in a pan.
– Place the batter in a muslin cloth and make a hole in the cloth to squeeze the batter.
– Concentric from inside to outside.
Fry them till they become crispy and golden.
– Put jalebi in sugar syrup for 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure the syrup is hot and not hot.
Your jalebi is now ready to serve.
Follow News18 lifestyle for more information
Support the daily wage earners most affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
Daily News18 Coronovirus COVID-19 Newsletter – Get your copy here.