Lockdown 5.0 has come into force across the country and several restrictions have been relaxed under the new guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Saturday. One of the relaxers is that salons and beauty services have been allowed to operate across the country. Service providers have to strictly follow the social distance norms and take care of the hygiene and hygiene process. However, the states will take a final call on the restoration of welfare and beauty services such as barber shops, spas, salons and parlors.
Earlier cities like Hyderabad, Gurugram, Una and Karnataka, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu had allowed salon services to operate with certain guidelines.
But, before running to get beauty treatment, keep a few things in mind. We have listed some precautions that you should take during a visit to a salon, spa or beauty parlor. Following the precautions below will help you keep the infection at bay.
- Don’t forget to wear a mask before you step out, especially in a public place like a salon. Wear whatever is available — surgical or cotton mask but do cover your mouth and nose.
- Do not use the towel given in the salon. Take your own if possible.
- Ask employees to use clean scissors, combs and other beauty products and tools.
- If any salon member is not wearing gloves or masks, immediately ask them to do so.
- In addition, note whether any of them have symptoms of COVID-19.
- When taking a massage or facials, ask the salon member to open a fresh packet.
- In the case of using medication or alum to treat minor cuts, think twice about its hygiene.
- Most importantly, take prior appointments so that you don’t have to wait. If you have to wait for your turn, be sure to wait outside the salon — if possible, in your car.
- Be sure to clean your hand after exiting the salon. As soon as you enter your house, head straight towards the bathroom. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap, wash your mask and take a bath before doing household chores. Keep distance from your family members until you bathe.
The central government has extended the coronovirus lockdown to 30 June. According to the government, the current phase of reopening, Unlock 1, will focus on the economy. All activities that were previously prohibited will be opened in a phased manner, including zoning zones.
In the first phase, religious places, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, shopping malls, will be allowed to open from June 8, 2020. Ministry of Health will issue SOPs in consultation with Central Ministries / Departments and for other above mentioned activities. The stakeholders embody the spread of COVID-19.