The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has issued a notification on Central Civil Services (Payment of Gratuity under National Pension System) Rules, 2021. These rules will apply to the government employees together with civilian government employees within the Defence Services who’ve joined on or after January 1, 2004, and to whom the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021 applies.
Few Key Features of Payment of Gratuity under National Pension System Rules
1. Any declare to gratuity can be regulated by the provisions of those rules in power on the time when a Government worker retires or is retired or is discharged or is allowed to resign from service or dies, because the case could also be.
2. The quantity of retirement gratuity or loss of life gratuity payable under this rule shall in no case exceed Rs 20 lakh.
3. Emoluments for the aim of figuring out the quantity of gratuity payable under these rules will embody the essential pay which a Government worker was receiving instantly earlier than his retirement or on the date of his loss of life and shall additionally embody non-practicing allowance granted to medical officer in lieu of personal observe
4. Average emoluments shall be decided on the subject of the emoluments drawn by a Government worker over the past ten months of his service. The dearness allowance admissible on the date of retirement or loss of life, because the case could also be, can even be handled as emoluments for the aim of this rule.
5. Retirement gratuity or loss of life gratuity for the government worker who has accomplished 5 years’ qualifying service can be equal to one-fourth of his emoluments for every accomplished six month-to-month interval of qualifying service, topic to a most of 16½ occasions the emoluments. It can be payable in these circumstances:
(i) retires on attaining the age of superannuation, or on invalidation, or
(ii) retires or is retired, upfront of the age of superannuation, or
(iii) On opting for Special Voluntary Retirement Scheme referring to voluntary retirement of surplus employees; or
(iv) On being permitted to be absorbed in a service or submit in or under a Corporation or Company wholly or considerably owned or managed by the Central Government or a State Government or in or under a physique managed or financed by the Central Government or a State Government, on retirement.
6. In the case of loss of life, the gratuity payable can be paid to the individual or individuals on whom the correct to obtain the gratuity is conferred by the use of a nomination
7. In all circumstances the place the fee of gratuity has been authorised later than the date when its fee turns into due, together with the circumstances of retirement in any other case than on superannuation, and it’s clearly established that the delay in fee was attributable to administrative causes or lapses, curiosity shall be paid on the rate and method relevant to Public Provident Fund quantity in accordance with the directions issued sometimes: