Sports

Prithvi Shaw: Ban from cricket was torture for me

The young Indian opener Prithvi Shaw openly stated on the doping ban he met last year that the cricketing period was a “torture”.

Last year, Shaw was banned by the BCCI on July 30 for an eight-month ban for doping violations. Shaw had inadvertently ingested a prohibited substance, which can usually be found in phlegm syrup.

“Talking to the Times of India, Shaw said,” You have to be careful about what you eat. Even simple medicines like paracetamol. It is for all young cricketers who are not aware of these things. He said, “Even if you take a small medicine, you should get it approved by your doctor or BCCI doctors. It is better to ask the doctors about the banned substances and take necessary precautions so that you do not get into trouble.”

Shaw was part of the India ODI and Test team in New Zealand which was largely lost by the audience.
Shaw, 20, said he had learned the lesson and would never repeat the same mistake. “Like my case, I had a phlegm syrup that I didn’t know was a banned substance. I’ve learned a lesson from it and won’t repeat it,” he said.

“Even if I have a basic medicine, I run through the BCCI doctors to make sure it does not contain any banned substances. It was a difficult time for me to stay away from cricket. It was a torture Thea. It should not happen to anyone.” he added.

Back to top button