Updated: September 17, 2020 2:19:52 pm
Glenn Maxwell and Alex Carey slammed centuries in the closing of the three-match ODI series to assist Australia attain goal of 303 with two balls remaining and win the series over England 2-1. The Australians consigned England to their first loss in a bilateral ODI series at residence since 2015 with a file chase at Old Trafford.
The Australians broke a number of data on their solution to ODI series win in England:
– Since the begin of 2015 in males’s ODIs, Starc has taken 18 wickets in his first over of the innings, the best of any bowler in that point, forward of Lasith Malinga (9) and Chris Woakes (6)
– Adam Zampa had the best ODI series of his career. He took 10 wickets at a mean of 14.2 and conceded simply 4.7 runs an over. The leg-spinner was the main wicket-taker in the series, and in the course of grew to become the first Australian spinner to take 10 wickets in a three-match series and simply the seventh man to attain the feat
— තනිකඩ රෝමියෝ (@OvinKaushalya96) September 16, 2020
– It was additionally the first time since changing into a world cricketer that Root has gone a complete English summer season with out reaching three figures, unable to take action in the Tests in opposition to West Indies and Pakistan as effectively
– Glenn Maxwell completed the series as Australia’s main run-scorer with 186 runs. The all-rounder additionally handed the milestone of 3000 ODI runs in his career, one thing he’s accomplished a lot sooner than anybody else in the 50-year historical past of one-day worldwide cricket
The two weird incidents that added spice to the closing
– In the opening ODI, Maxwell and Mitch Marsh pulled Australia out of a tough place and compiled the highest sixth-wicket stand in opposition to England in Australian ODI historical past (126 runs). It was a file that will be smashed solely 5 days later as Maxwell and Alex Carey placed on 212 for the sixth wicket, an Australia ODI file in opposition to all opponents after the fall of the fifth wicket
💯 Glenn Maxwell ➞ 108
💯 Alex Carey ➞ 106
👬 Partnership ➞ 212
Maxwell and Carey’s double-century stand in the third match is an Australia file for the sixth wicket in males’s ODIs 🔥 pic.twitter.com/kHI6cystqT
— ICC (@ICC) September 17, 2020
– It was additionally the third-highest sixth-wicket ODI partnership of all time, behind solely Grant Elliott and Luke Ronchi’s 267 in 2015 and MS Dhoni and Mahela Jayawardene’s 218 in an exhibition match in 2007.
– England opener Jonny Bairstow introduced up his tenth ton in the third ODI off 116 balls, the slowest of all his tons of
– 305 grew to become the highest profitable run chase ever in Manchester, overtaking England’s 4/286 in a 60-over ODI in 1986. It’s additionally the eleventh time Australia have chased down a rating of at the very least 300 in ODI cricket
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and keep up to date with the newest headlines
For all the newest Sports News, obtain Indian Express App.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd