The outbreak of COVID-19 has forced many events to be canceled or postponed, but the T20 World Cup remains in Australia later in time for this year.
| Updated on: 13 April 2020, 11:49:24 AM
AB de Villiers (Photo courtesy: File photo.)
South African fast bowler AB de Villiers says he does not want to create any “false hopes” of the much-awaited return to the T20 World Cup this year, which he thinks may be postponed due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has forced the cancellation or postponement of several events, but the T20 World Cup is on schedule in Australia later this year. “I can’t see six months in the future. A lot of things will change if the tournament is postponed for next year. At the moment I’m feeling available, but at the same time I don’t know how my body will look.” This and if I will be healthy at that time, “De Villiers told the African-language Sunday newspaper ‘Rapport’.” … I can get a point where I have to tell ‘Bauch’ (coach Mark Boucher). I was interested, I would like to play a role but I might not be able to play myself. “Fear of such commitment and create false hope,” he said.
De Villiers said that he is not entitled to go to the South African team, as has been alleged in the past. “If I’m 100 percent as good as I want to be, then I’ll be available. But if I’m not then I won’t open myself up to that because I’m not the type of person who does things at 80 percent. Then I have to test and show ‘Bauchi’, I’m still quite good.
“They should choose me because I’m really better than the man next to me. I’ve never been the type of person who felt that I should get what I wanted.” The T20 World Cup in Australia in October and November may be the perfect stage for de Villiers to return, but he was keen to avoid a repeat of the news that surfaced during the 50-over World Cup in England last year. Proposal to return and declined.
“I am unsure about giving a definitive answer because I have been very hurt and burned in the past. Then people will think again that I have returned to my country. I just cannot walk in the team.” … I have to work for my place and deserve it. It was very sad for me last year when people felt that I had accepted that there was a place for me. I feel that I am available and I will give it with everything I have, but I do not want special treatment. “If de Villiers can make a comeback, the credit will go to South African coach Mark Boucher, who convinced him to think again. The retirement decision was taken in 2018.
“I could just write a book on Bauchi’s influence on my life, never mind cricket. I rediscovered that when I played under him in December in the Spartans (Mizansi Super League). He became an instructor. Were born for. When he. Dialogue is respected. “De Villiers said,” Bauch ‘asked me why I don’t give it another way. “” I’ve always told him,’ I never want to be. The visitor. I always want to be there. That’s my life. “De Villiers played 176 of Boucher’s 461 matches for South Africa in the format.
First Published: April 13, 2020, 11:49:24 AM