Both Delhi Capitals (DC) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) had a formidable begin to the on-going IPL 2020, making them appear like favourites to e-book playoffs berth. However, a latest stoop of their efficiency has however these sides in an ungainly state of affairs. To obtain a high-two end and grow to be the second group to e-book playoffs berth after Mumbai Indians (MI), DC and RCB are set to contest for 2 a lot-wanted factors at Abu Dhabi on Monday.
With simply two video games remaining within the event, each win will play a serious function in shaping up the factors desk. RCB and DC are sitting on second and third place respectively with 14 factors every. However, they nonetheless have not registered their names into the playoffs squad. The group shedding this encounter can nonetheless obtain a high-4 end however it would rely upon different outcomes, making it difficult as a result of involvement of Net Run Rate.
Failing to attain consistency, DC have misplaced 4 video games on the trot. Similarly, RCB are additionally languishing after struggling a hat-trick of defeats. Hoping to shrug off their woes, either side will eye consistency on this essential encounter.
All eyes will probably be on Shikhar Dhawan to regain his obtrusive type and supply DC with a strong begin on the high. After etching his title into report books by scoring consecutive IPL lots of, the left-hander has managed to attain simply 0, 0, 6 within the final three video games.
Prithvi Shaw hasn’t been nice both. Hoping to hide their opening flaws, the DC group administration must select between Shaw and Ajinkya Rahane. Rishabh Pant’s beneath-par performances are additionally a priority for Ricky Ponting and Co. The southpaw has scored 274 runs at a strike-rate of 112 to date within the event.
Talking about RCB, their latest struggles have raised questions over their batting unit. The facet is but once more depending on skipper Kohli and AB de Villiers to sail its ship within the final league recreation. Along with Devdutt Padikkal on the high, RCB will hope that the trusted Kohli-De Villiers pair will ship when the facet wants it probably the most.
Head to Head: DC and RCB have confronted one another 25 occasions within the IPL. Kohli’s troops have gained 15 occasions whereas the Delhi facet has been capable of clinch solely 9 encounters. However, within the earlier encounter between these two sides, DC had convincingly registered a 59-run victory.
– Virat Kohli has led his facet from the entrance on this season too. He has to date scored 431 runs and can eye a large knock to steer RCB previous the ending line.
– Devdutt Padikkal has additionally impressed together with his bat, scoring 422 runs to date within the event.
– Despite failing in the previous few video games, Shikhar Dhawan stays to be a powerful performer for the Delhi facet. The southpaw has scored 471 runs in 13 matches to date.
– Rabada has been spectacular with the ball for DC. He has plucked 23 wickets in 13 video games together with a 4-wicket haul and is within the race to clinch Purple Cap this season.
– Kohli and AB de Villiers have stitched near 800 runs for RCB this yr. The duo will probably be hoping to e-book playoffs berth for RCB.
– Yuzvendra Chahal can be amongst main wicket-takers within the on-going IPL version. The leg-spinner has scalped 20 wickets to date.
– Four batsmen are on the verge of crossing the five hundred-run mark on this IPL season. Shreyas Iyer and Shikhar Dhawan require 86 and 29 runs respectively to attain the milestone. Virat Kohli and Devdutt Padikkal additionally want 69 and 74 runs respectively to cruise previous the mark.
Fight towards Coronavirus: Full protection